Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Ken Jennings On Mayim Bialik’s ‘Jeopardy!’ Exit: “It Took Me Off Guard” - Deadline

Ken Jennings is sharing his thoughts on Mayim Bialik‘s exit as host of Jeopardy!. The two had been sharing hosting duties on the syndicated show and its primetime specials.

Jennings now will take over as sole host of the syndicated game show after Bialik announced on December 15 that she would not be returning.

“It took me off guard, because I loved working with my Mayim and I’m gonna miss her,” Jennings told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published Tuesday. “I can’t speak to her decision-making process or her opinions about it. But on my end, I’m just a fan of Jeopardy! and I’m always delighted to host when they call upon me. I just feel extremely lucky to have even been considered for this job as a non-broadcaster.”

Bialik previously announced her departure on Instagram.

“As the holiday break begins in Hollywood, I have some Jeopardy! news. Sony has informed me that I will no longer be hosting the syndicated version of Jeopardy! I am incredibly honored to have been nominated for a primetime Emmy for hosting this year and I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of the Jeopardy! family. For all of you who have supported me through this incredible journey and to the fans, contestants, writers, staff and crew of America’s Favorite Quiz Show, thank you.”

It was announced in July 2022 that Jennings and Bialik would split hosting duties on Jeopardy!. Amid the dual Hollywood strikes, Jennings stepped in to host this season of Celebrity Jeopardy! that premiered in September.

Deadline revealed in May that Bialik walked away from hosting the final week of season 39 of the gameshow as a result of the SAG-AFTRA strike.

Jeopardy! is produced by Sony Pictures Television, distributed domestically by CBS Media Ventures and internationally by Paramount Global Content Distribution.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Ken Jennings On Mayim Bialik’s ‘Jeopardy!’ Exit: “It Took Me Off Guard” - Deadline )
https://ift.tt/QwbaqFz
Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Britain's King Charles III admitted to hospital for scheduled enlarged prostate treatment - CBS News

King Charles goes in for scheduled surgery King Charles III admitted to hospital for sch...

Postingan Populer